Yenton Primary School Sports Organising Crew 2015/16.
A School Sport Organising Crew (SSOCrew) is a diverse group of young people who join together to develop, organise and promote school sport and intra-school competition within the Sainsbury’s School Games.
Why do you need a School Sport Organising Crew?
A SSOCrew provides a structured and meaningful mechanism for young people to do the following:
- Contribute to decisions about sporting activities and sports competition in their school.
- Engage in aspects of school life outside timetabled lessons.
- Air views and have opinions listened to.
- Influence and shape school sport for their peers.
- Assist in the development and planning of 'their' Sainsbury's School Games programme of activities - based on student voice and need.
- Organise intra-school competitions within their school.
- Be valued and seen as an integral part of the workforce.
Their role includes being 'the voice' of the committee. They will represent the committee in meetings with other pupils, staff and outside agencies.
Their role includes writing news stories, compiling match reports and taking pictures of sporting activities and events for the school website and newsletter.
Their roles includes ensuring that equipment is available and safe for use during lunchtime activities for both KS1 and KS2.
In addition they must allocate equipment for both playgrounds and supervise the retrieval of this equipment at the end of each lunchtime.